31 October 2008

Where do I start?


What is there to say when you've not spoken to someone in FOR-EV-ER? When you see someone you've not seen in years, the let-me-catch-you-up-on-my-life update is exceedingly drastic. Instead of "Oh, I cut my hair shorter last week and we rented Baby Mama, it ends up being more like, "We got married and had a few kids since we've seen you last. And, oh yeah, we moved to Oklahoma."

And so I'm trying to tell you that I now live in Tulsa. At least figuratively.

Instead of detailing a long, interesting string of events, I'll just tell you that I'm now engaged to the lovely woman in the above picture.

If you're brow is furrowed with inquiry, then good. It should be. And the story is amazing, as God is in the habit of writing some big doozies. Parting the Red Sea, turning rivers to blood, bringing the dead to life - surely finding me a wife was the next logical miracle in this string of amazing events God has authored.

More to come on this bizarre story, but for now I leave you with a quote from Martin Luther (1483 – 1546):

"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

No comments: